|Date of Birth
||13th July, 1969
Department of Social Studies and Rural Development/
Palli Charcha Kendra (PCK),
Santiniketan 731 235
Flat No.-3, Arati Apartment, P.O.- Bidhangarh, Kolkata-700066
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Research areas of interest:
(a) Agrarian Relations, Economy , Transition and Frictions; (b) Studies on Socio-Economic Differentiation; (c) Globalisation of market,
International Trade and their Impact on Local Structures; (d) Rethinking Capitalist/Capitalistic Development and Surplus appropriation -emerging debates;
1) Nine years in Mugberia Gangadhar Mahavidyalaya, West Bengal as Lecturer in Economic & Senior Lecturer in Economics (03-05-2000 to 20-05-2009).
2) Two years as Counsellor for MA Economics in IGNOU, Maulana Azad College Unit, Kolkata. (2007 & 2008)
3) Three year in Visva-Bharati as Reader (Economics), PCK and Associate Professor in Economics (as Faculty Member) (from 21-05-2009 till date)
(i) As civil servant in Government of West Bengal, India between 1996 &-2000- As supervisor of -(a) Research and survey related to rural development
and Cooperative Movement, (b) Economic Survey conducted by Govt. of W.B., India in the period 1998-99 and (c) Census, 2001, conducted by Govt. of India
in the period 1999-2000
(ii) As Ph. D student- Research work for the period-2001-2005 (year of submission)
(a) Work experiences of four years in West Bengal Civil Services, India, (from 24th June, 1996 to 2nd May, 2000) in districts of Midnapur
(erstwhile) and south 24-Parganas, West Bengal, India.
(b) As Governing Body member of Mugberia Gangadhar Mahavidyalaya, Midnapore for more than three years (2006-2009).
A Major Research Project has been sanctioned by UGC in 2012. (Rs 5.19 lac)
Ongoing : Eight Ph. D students-- Two in Department of Palli Charcha Kendra; Six in collaboration with Department of Economics and Politics, Visva-Bharati.
Conferences/Seminar/Symposia/academic or Consultancy Programmes attended:
(A) PAPER PRESENTED and PARTICIPATED in Conferences, etc.
1. Presented Paper in International Workshop on Technology, institutions and development:
Perspectives from economics, anthropology and geography on agrarian change at Max Plank Institute of Economics, Jena, West Germany on 18th and 19th February, 2011. Paper titled-“ Output, Surplus and Poverty vis-à-vis Stressed Commerce-A farm level study of Agrarian West Bengal”.
2. Presented Paper in International Conference on Rural Labourers in Neo-Liberal India at Xavier Institute of Management-Bhubaneswar, Orissa, India, organised by York University, Toronto, Canada, Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC) of Canada, Dialectical Anthropology, New York and XIMB, Orissa, India, on 18th and 19th December, 2010. Paper titled-“ A Gender based study of Agrarian Workforce Structure in West Bengal in the Current Millennium”.
3. Presented Paper titled “Return of the State: End of Neo-Liberalism? An Inquiry into the Indian Governmentality” in INTERNATIONAL SEMINAR ON NEO-LIBERAL STATE AND ITS CHALLENGES 20-21 DECEMBER, 2011. OMEO KUMAR DAS INSTITUTE OF SOCIAL CHANGE AND DEVELOPMENT, (Sponsored by Indian Council of Social Science Research and Government of Assam) GUWAHATI, HENGRABARI, ASSAM, INDIA
1. Presented Paper titled “Stressed Commerce, Agrarian Crisis and the question of Transition” as Resource Person in One Day DEC Sponsored National Seminar on “Contemporary India: Discontent Within” 10th January, 2012, organised by NETAJI SUBHASH OPEN UNIVERSITY, KOLKATA, WEST BENGAL, INDIA
2. Presented Paper titled-“Neoliberalism and the question of Agrarian Transition” as Resource Person in a National Seminar organised by DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMICS AND GEOGRAPHY, ACCHRURAM MEMORIAL COLLEGE, JHALDA, WEST BENGAL, INDIA from 22nd February 2012 to 23rd February 2012.
3. Chaired in the national seminar--Chairperson in one session in a National Seminar organised by DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMICS AND GEOGRAPHY, ACCHRURAM MEMORIAL COLLEGE, JHALDA, WEST BENGAL, INDIA from 22nd February 2012 to 23rd February 2012.
4. Presented paper titled –“LIBERALISATION OF INDIAN ECONOMY –An example of complex hegemony exercised by global capital on 3rd world”, in the CONFERENCE ON “ISSUES IN ECONOMIC THEORY & POLICY” Organised by THE DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMICS & POLITICS, VISVA-BHARATI, SANTINIKETAN From 14th to 16th march 2008.
5. Presented paper titled-“Social Changes in Post Liberalisation Period—A Case study in West Bengal”-in the national seminar on —“Development of Social Sectors: Issues and Experiences”—30th and 31st March, 2004 organised by Department of Economics with Rural Development, Vidyasagar University
(III) State level
1 – A paper titled -"Neo-liberalism and Indian Economy –A discursive study" presented in the state level seminar sponsored by UGC on 'Special Economic Zones: Its Economics, Politics and Concerns'-MUGBERIA GANGADHAR COLLEGE on 5th February,2009
2. A paper titled “ Reservation - now a weak synthesis but the only available reply to Reservation – then “- was presented in the state level seminar sponsored by UGC on -Reservation and Discrimination in India through Ages-with reference to power, politics and Economics—MUGBERIA GANGADHAR COLLEGE on 8th January,2008
(B) PARTICIPATION IN INTERNATIONAL /NATIONAL SEMINARS
1. Participated Topic –“Global finance capital and India’s Macroeconomy”—1st March, 2003, organised by Alumni Association of Calcutta University Economics Department (AACUED)
2. Participated in a National Seminar organised by Department of Economics and Politics, Visva-Bharati under its DRS-SAP programme, Topic-“Globalization, Agrarian Economy and Environmental Challenges in India” during 15-16 March, 2012
3. Participated in a National Seminar organised by the ‘Planning Unit of the Department of Economics and Politics, Visva-Bharati, Topic-“Rural Development and Planning in India” during 16-17, March, 2012
4. Participated in a National Seminar organised by Department of Palli Charcha Kendra, Visva-Bharati, Topic-“Rabindranath Tagore and Rural Development” during 27-28 th August, 2011
5. Participated in a National Seminar organised by Department of Economics and Politics, Visva-Bharati, Topic-“Contemporary Issues in Agriculture, Environment and Rural Development”from 13/3/10 to 15/3/10
6. Workshop—of “Forum of Development Economics, Kolkata (FDEK)”—27th, March 2004, organised by Institute of Development Studies, Kolkata (IDSK).
7. Topic—“ IPR and WTO related issues” – 20th to 22nd March, 2004, organised by Department of Economics and Politics, Visva Bharati, Santiniketan.
8. Topic—“Industrialisation in West Bengal-A review of past two decades” –23rd November, 2002, organised by Institute of Development Research on Economy and Manpower (I DREAM)
(C) TRAINING AND WORKSHOPS
(I) REFRESHER COURSES
1. VISVA-BHARATI, SANTINIKETAN-DEPT. OF ECONOMICS AND POLITICS
2. JADAVPUR UNIVERSITY, DEPT. OF INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS
(II) ORIENTATION PROGRAMME
1. JADAVPUR UNIVERSITY, ASC
1 Workshop—on “Teaching of Development Economics”—17th and 18th , October, 2003, paper presented “Development Economics –Change in Orientation”—organised by Institute of Development Studies, Kolkata (IDSK) and Department of Economics, University of Calcutta.
2. Workshop—on “Examination System and its Reforms: Present and Future”—12th and 13th March, 2003 - organised by Mugberia Gangadhar Mahavidyalaya.
PUBLICATIONS IN JOURNALS:
1. Publication in International (Referred) Journal, Paper Titled-‘Capital Intensification, Productivity and Exchange-A Class-Based Analysis of Agriculture in West Bengal in the Current Millennium’, Journal of Agrarian Change, Wiley-Blackwell, 2011, Vol. 11 No. 4, October 2011, , ISSN-0276-5624; Impact factor-2.02
2. Publication in International (Referred) Journal, Paper Titled-‘Agrarian transition’-diversity in nature, notion and observations—A survey of theoretical expositions and empirical studies with reference to India and West Bengal, Research in Social Stratification and Mobility, Elsevier, Science Direct, 2010, Vol-28 No.-4, December-2010, ISSN-0276-5624.
3. Publication in Referred Journal, Paper Titled-‘ Agrarian Changes in Post Liberalization Period: A Case Study in West Bengal’ J I S –Management Vista- Vol-V No.-1, June-2011, ISSN-0974-0872.
4. Publication in Journal, Paper Titled-‘ Immiserisation and Poverty-A Tale of Two Villages in Birbhum District, West Bengal’ “ Nr.tat..tv- The Anthropology” Vol-1 No.-1, 2011, ISSN-2249-9830.
5. Publication in Referred Journal, Paper Titled-‘ Consumption of Food grain and Calorie Deprivation in Rural West Bengal: A Case study of Two Villages in Birbhum District-2010’ Journal of Social Work & Social Development, Vol-1 No.-1, June-2010, ISSN-2229-6468
6. Publication of Paper Titled –“Social Caste, Economic Class and Reservation: A case study in West Bengal” in the Bulletin of Palli Charcha Kendra, Volume VI, Number 1 & 2 , Janurary-December, 2009
7. Publication of conference proceedings in Journal, PAPER TITLED—“Game theory –A theory of Contradiction” published in “IMAGES”, Vol-2, 2005-06 -Journal Of WOMEN’S CHRISTIAN COLLEGE, KOLKATA, INDIA
8. Publication of conference proceedings in Journal Paper titled - “Education a continuous source of margin creation”-Journal of MGM-Abhudyoy-2006-2007
9. Publication of conference proceedings in Journal Paper Titled –“Game Theory mane dondwototwo" in the Journal of MGM-Abhudyoy-2004-05
1) As reviewer for Journal of Agrarian Change, Wiley Blackwell, 2011
2) As reviewer of for Social Science Journal, Elsevier, Science Direct, 2012
3) As reviewer African Journal of Political Science and International Relations, Academic Journals, 2012
4) As reviewer for International Journal of Pluralism and Economics Education, Inderscience Publishers, 2011
5) As reviewer for International Journal of Pluralism and Economics Education, Inderscience Publishers, 2012
6) As reviewer for Global Journal of Business, Management and Accounting (GJBMA), Global Research Journals, 2012
Membership of Professional Bodies:
1) Member of Institute of Development Studies, Kolkata (IDSK)
2) Member of Alumni Association of Calcutta University Economics Department (AACUED)
Quizzes, Indoor Games-Table Tennis; Outdoor games-Cricket, Football