Office: Department of Social Work, Visva-Bharati, Sriniketan-731236, Dist-Birbhum, West Bengal.
Residence: Parichoy Appartment
FF-3, Block-II, Bhubandanga
• Ph.D- Lucknow University
• M.Phil-Delhi School of Social Work, University of Delhi
• MSW-Delhi School of Social Work, University of Delhi
• UGC-NET, University Grants Commission in December, 1999
• BSW-Department of Social Work, Visva-Bharati
• CHR-IGNOU, New Delhi
• Associate Professor, Department of Social Work,Visva Bharati from 13.12.2012 to till date
• Reader, School of Social Work, IGNOU, New Delhi
• Assistant Professor, Department of Social Work, Assam (Central) University
• Lecturer, Department of Social Work, CSJM University, Kanpur
• Lecturer (on Adhoc), Delhi School of Social Work, University of Delhi
• Medical Social Worker in All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
• Research Assistant in Department of Social Work, Delhi University
• Social Worker in SENHA-INDIA, Delhi
• Programme Organizer in UNNATI worked for UNO, Delhi
• One month worked as Director in-charge in School of Social Work, IGNOU from Programme Coordinator of MSW (Philanthropy) On-campus Programme, IGNOU, New Delhi.
• Programme Coordinator of MSW (Counselling), On-campus Programme IGNOU, New Delhi, Gorakhpur, CSRD, Ahmednagar,, EDNERU, Nagaland, Kochi from June 2011 to March.
• Programme Coordinator of Mphil, Social Work, IGNOU from June 2011 to December, 2012 at IGNOU and Rajagiri School of Social Sciences, Kerala.
• Programme Coordinator of Ph.D, Social Work, IGNOU from June 2011 to December, 2012 at IGNOU and Rajagiri School of Social Sciences, Kerala.
• Programme Convener of School Council of School of Social Work from June 2011 to December, 2012.
• Coordinator with Tigri, an adopted slum in Delhi by School of Social Work, IGNOU from June, 2011 to March, 2012.
• Approbation of Academic Counselors in Social Work in different parts of India of IGNOU Centers.
TRANING/ORIENTATION PROGRAMME ATTENDED:
• Attended Orientation Programme.
• Attended 5 days Inducting Programme on’ Distance Education Theory & Practices’ organised by STRIDE,, IGNOU.
• Attended Refresher Course at Delhi University.
• Guiding M.PHIL and P.hD scholars.
NATIONAL/INTERNATIONAL SEMINAR & WORKSHOP ATTENDED/ORGANISED:
• Participated Workshop on Application of Statistical Packages in Social Science Research from April 3-5, 2009 organized by Department of Business Administration, School of Management Studies, Assam University.
• Participated Workshop on National e-Governance Plan organized by Computer Centre, Assam University in collaboration with Ministry of Communication & Infrastructure Technology, New Delhi on 6th December, 2010.
• Presented paper in National Seminar entitled, ‘Health Status of Women in North-East’ organized by Centre for Women’s Studies, Dibrugarh University, Assam with collaboration with ICSSR, New Delhi on 7th & 8th October, 2010.
• Presented paper in International Seminar entitled, ‘Governance of Higher Education and Role of ICT’ in an International Seminar on Higher Education for Sustainable Livelihood organized by Assam University with collaboration with CCLP World Wide Promoting Education Charter on 17th December, 2010.
• Organized one day Workshop on Capacity Building for Fieldwork Practice in Social Work organized by Department of Social Work, Assam University.
• Organized one day workshop/Orientation Programme for Field Work Agency Supervisor in Delhi on 13th October, 2011.
• Presented paper in National Seminar entitled ‘Fieldwork Modalities in Social Work Education in India’ in Jain Jain Visva Bharati University, Ladnun, Rajasthan during 17th-19th February, 2012.
• Presented paper in National Seminar entitled, ‘Teacher Education Perspective in India’, on Quality Assurance of Teacher Education: Institutions & Mechanisms organized by Department of Education, Modern Technology, Rishikesh, Uttarakhand on 21-22 April, 2012.
• Presented paper on “Need and Importance of Courses related to HIV/AIDS offered by Universities in Northern India” (Co-author) in 10th Annual national Seminar on “Social Work Response to HIS/AIDS, January 28-31, 2013 organised by School of Social Work, IGNOU collaboration with Kerala Central University.
• Member , Advisory Committee- Indian Social Work Congress, Delhi; February 23rd-25th ,2013
• Participated as an Expert in Radio Programme on Social Work Practice (Live) organized by IGNOU, Direct Aired on 105.6 MHz (Gyan Vani) in 17th July, 2011.
• Participated as an Expert in Radio Programme on Methods of Social Work (Live) organized by IGNOU, Direct Aired on 105.6 MHz (Gyan Vani) in 11th March, 2012.
• Participated as an Expert in Radio Programme on Areas of Social Work (Live) organized by IGNOU, Direct Aired on 105.6 MHz (Gyan Vani) in 23 July, 2012.
1. “Women in Contemporary India: Realities and Perspectives” published by Akansha publishing House, New Delhi, 2010, ISBN-978-818370207-2, p-1-373, 2010.
2. “Social Work Practice in India: An Emerging Perspective” (Co-Author) published by New Royal Book, Lucknow, 2010, ISBN-81-89267-15-9, 2010.
3. Introduction to Social Work and Practice in India” published by Akansha Publication, Jaipur & New Delhi, ISBN-97881-8370266-9, p-1-335, 2011.
4. An Edited Book named ‘New Dimensions of Rural Development in India’ by Discovery Publishing House, New Delhi, ISBN-978935056-108-9, p-1-275, 2012.
5. ‘Field Work in Social Work’ by Rawat Publication, Jaipur & New Delhi, ISBN- 978-81-316-0528-8, p-1-240, 2012.
6. ‘Migrant Rickshaw Pullers in Delhi: Assessment from Social Work Perspectives”, by LAMBERT Publishing House, Germany, 2012, ISBN No-978-3-659-21844-6.
7. ‘Social Welfare Administration: Development and Prospects’ by Discovery Publishing House, New Delhi, 2013, ISBN-935056305-3.
ACADEMIC JOURNALS/REFEREED/PEER REVIEWED JOURNALS:
• Published an article, ‘Consequences of migration in India: Need a pragmatic solution’ in the journal of Economic Affairs, Quarterly Journal of Economics, Vol,56, No.1, March, 2011. ISSN No.0424-2513.
• Published an article, ‘Dalit and Human Rights Violation in India: Need Some Strategic Measures to Protect’ in the BSSS Journal of Social Work, Issue-1, Vol-III, 30th May, 2011. ISSN No.0975-251X.
• Published an article ‘Problem of Prostitution in India: Towards Legalization!’ in ‘Doctrine’ published by Academic Research Society (UP), May, 2012, ISSN-0976-528X.
• Published an article, “Evolving strategies to strengthen mid day meal scheme – a study of three primary schools of Lucknow”, Social Work Journal, Dept of social work, AUS, ISSN-0976-5484, July, 2012.
• Published an article, ‘Honour Killing: An Emerging Social Problem in India’ in Journal, ‘Learning Community’-An International Journal of Educational & Social Development, May-2012, ISSN No-0976-3201(accepted).
• Published an article, “Women participation in unorganized sector in India: A Retrospective” in the journal, Banijya, Assam University, Vol-2. No-3, July-2012, ISSN-09774-0010(accepted).
• Published an article “Child trafficking in India: A Monstrous Crime” in an international Magazine, Bal Chappal, delhi, Issue-2, July, 2012.
• Published an article, Vision of gender Relation in 21st century: A myth and realities” in an edited book named ‘Facet of Empowerment’ by Prof.R.B.S.Verma and Prof.A.N.Singh, in December, 2007, Lucknow university.
• Published an article, ‘Approaches and Strategies of Rural Development during India’s Five year Plans: Strategies for the future’ in edited book of ‘Rural Development in India, edited by Bishnu Mohan Dash, New Delhi Publishers, 2010, ISBN-978-907421-7-7.
• Published an article, “Human Rights Violation and Women empowerment: With reference to North-East India” in an Edited book, ‘Ramification of Human Rights in India’, by Dr.Anoop Kumar Singh, Kanpur, Serial Publication, New Delhi, 2010.
• Published an article, “Food Insecurity in India” in an Edited book, New Dimensions of Rural Development in India’ by Bishnu Mohan Dash and Dr Sanjoy Roy, by Discovery Publishing House, New Delhi, ISBN-978935056-108-9. ‘2012.
• Published an article, “Women Empowerment in PRI: With Special reference to West Bengal and Assam” in an Edited Book, ‘Globalization and its effect on Political Scenario in North-East India’ from NEHU, in Mittal Publication, 2012.
• Published an article, “Child trafficking in India: Realities and realization”, in an Edited book, ‘Child Labour: Problem, Policy & Implications’ by Dr Ravi Prakash by Abishkar Publication, Jaipur, July, 2013(forth-coming).
• Published an article, “Women work-force in unorganized sector in India: Realization from social security perspective”, in an Edited book, ‘Women Workers in Informal Sector’ by Dr Ravi Prakash by Abishkar Publication, Jaipur, July, 2013(forth-coming).
COURSE MATERIAL PREPARATION:
• Prepared Study Material on ‘Social Welfare Administration’ of Centre for Distance Learning, Chaudhary Devi Lal University, Sirsa under Excell Publication, New Delhi in 2008.
• PG in Counseling in IGNOU, New Delhi. 2011-12.
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES:
1) Executive Member and Life membership of ‘National Association of Professional Social Workers in India’ (NAPSWI).
2) Life membership of ‘Social Science Gazetteer’, (Indian Social Science Association), India.
3) Member of ‘Indian Sociological Society, RC-2’, India.
4) Life membership of ‘Indian Academy of Social Sciences’ (Indian Social Science Congress), India.
5) Member in Editorial Board of ‘Learning Community-An International Journal of Education and Social Development’, Member in Editorial Board of ‘Doctrine’, published from Research Academy, UP.
6) Esteemed Member of the Expert Committee constituted by the Chairman, Distance Education Council (DEC), Government of India.
7) Editorial member of the Journal, ‘Doctrine’ published by Academic Research Society (UP).
8) Member of Delhi University
9) Visiting faculty and External Examiner of CSJM University, Kanpur
10) Associated with Department of Social Work, Mizoram University
11) Was a member of ‘Human Development Working Group’, Human Development Unit, Assam University
12) Editorial member of Journal, ‘SAMAJ BODH’ ISSN:2231-0207, Lucknow.
Detail CV :